Friday, September 17, 2010

Beware to Alcohol Beverage in Bali or Indonesia

I really concern of what happen to the three Russian technicians who died in Jakarta recently, in spite of they have disobeyed the rules by taking the alcohol beverages. I knew for a long time if alcohol beverages in Indonesia, especially made by unrecognized manufacture or home industry, are not safe to consume. In fact they are dangerous and they can cause fatal until death because they are mixed with chemical ingredients. If they use chemical agent like methanol, you know for sure what will happen. Please search on wikipedia or go to oprah.com to check why methanol is such dangerous chemical agent to consume.

So for now, if you visit Bali or Indonesia in general, you'd better beware to what you consume, especially alcohol beverages. If they are manufactured by a reputable manufactured with registered license from BPOM (like FDA in the US), then they are safe to consume. But if they have no clear brand or manufacture identity (nor registered license), please do not take them. If you are afraid to be unpolite to your host, you can say "I am sorry I don't drink".

No comments:

Post a Comment