Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Cargo and Delivery Service in Bali

I just heard recently that a colleague of my friend has experienced scam regarding cargo service he used in Bali. He intended to deliver some stones for flooring from Bali to Singapore. He has picked up a certain type of stones ( a good one), paid it and also paid the fee for delivering the stones (obviously to someone who then became the scammer). Then he went back to Singapore and waited for the delivery. A few weeks later he received the stones, but he did not receive the same type as he ordered. He received the totally different type and the ugly ones. He has made a complaint to the person (company) who delivered the stones, but he did not get a good solution (in fact no solution at all). Now my friend is working to help him, to handle all his complaint. But without knowing the order from the beginning (even if we have a receipt), it will be so difficult because in my opinion, this man works like mafia.
So, if you plan to buy goods from Bali, it's better if you have had trusted partner to ship your order to your origin, especially if you order a lot of quantity or heavy and valuable materials like stones, statues, paintings, etc. For small quantity, you can use PT. POS Indonesia. This company will not cheat on you as it belongs to Indonesian government, but well, your goods might go through a sensor (they will peek at your package). If you don't deliver illegal things, it won't matter. Alternatively, you can use xpslink. My office (the place where I work for) subscribes to its service and we have sent goods to Singapore, France and US. So far its service is good and the cost is not quite reasonable.
If you have a lot of quantity of goods such as stones, furniture and statues, you may want to find cargo service. Some of my clients use Limajari Cargo. The owner is from France, so I guess this company has good network to ship to France and other European countries. Other cargo (a local company) you can trust is Khrisna Cargo. I have never used its service, but I have some friends working there and I know its office. So I guess it is safe and can be trusted.
But of course, if you have extra money, you'd better to use some reputable companies such DHL or FedEx, which are undoubtedly have worldwide networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment